When deciding between Canada and Australia to be your preferred education destination, what you can do is compare various points before applying for further studies.
Megamind, an Overseas education consultants in Delhi, bring for you a brief summary that will help you decide better which will be your destination that you take flight to, for beginning a journey towards your bright future.
• UG Courses: Minimum 12th passed. To get admission, you need to appear for the SAT exam.
• PG Courses: For management degree courses, one will have to appear for GMAT and for engineering degrees one need to give the GRE exam.
Here, there are no cut-offs procedure in Canadian colleges. Colleges provide average scores accepted to different courses on their websites. One also needs to appear for language tests like TOEFL or IELTS, irrespective of the degree. These tests are also important to appear for the purpose of getting a visa
• UG Courses: Almost all universities require 12th pass qualification which makes it easier for Indian students to get admission directly to the course/degree of their choice.
• PG Courses: After completion of 3 years UG course, one can get admissions to a PG program. For engineering, a four-year UG degree in engineering, for management courses one need to appear for GMAT, and for Science courses one may need to give the GRE exam.
TOEFL or IELTS may be waivered by the university but are important for the purpose of getting a visa.
Cost of Living
If we talk about the living expenses of both the countries, in terms of Tuition fees and Room & Living expenses, Canada is more economical as compared to Australia, whether for UG courses or PG courses.
Canada: The Canadian student visa has following regulations –
• The visa application process requires a compulsory medical test for Indian applicants.
• It costs $150 to apply for Canadian visa.
• You cannot work more than 20 hours per week. During holidays, breaks & summer sessions, one may work up to 40 hours per week.
Australia: For this visa, these regulations are –
• It costs $535 to apply for Australian visa.
• Student visa holders are allowed to work up to 40 hours per fortnight during their study in Australia.
Post study work permit
Canada: The Canadian PG Work Visa allows working post studying for up time period depending on the duration of their course to a maximum of three years in any field or industry.
Australia: Graduates who have completed a Bachelor’s & Master’s degree can apply for a two year post-study work visa.
Canada: Jobs like nurse practitioner, programme analyst, teacher, pharmacist, financial manager, construction manager etc. are some of the most sought after positions in Canada.
Australia: Top jobs in Australia are education, medical services, hospitality industry, computer system design, accounting etc.
Permanent residency opportunities
Canada: Compared to other countries, getting a permanent residency in Canada is very easy. During your period of Post Graduation Work permit, you can apply for Permanent Residency under the Canadian Experience Class.
Australia: Getting a permanent residency permit to Australia is possible but it is a long process. The immigration officials conduct a thorough background check on the candidate to make sure s/he is not fraudulent. Because of the complicated process, the PR permit may take some time to get approved but it is possible to get Australian citizenship.
We being a study in Canada consultants in Delhi guide you through the whole process of getting an admission to different colleges and universities in Canada.