Scholarships in Canada
The inadequate numbers of Canada Scholarships are available as compared to the large number of USA scholarships, UK scholarships, or Australia scholarships that are presented for foreign students. To help you in your hunt, MEGAMIND has hoarded diverse links which include full and partial scholarships in Canada for international students.
Scholarships and accolades for international students are accessible at few Canadian institutions for students with excellent results. The aggregate and nature of award differs from one institution to another. Winning a scholarship in Canada is economical and submissions must be made straight to each school/ college. For international students at the secondary, language, certificate, diploma, undergraduate and graduate school levels, numerous scholarships are introduced for the benefit of students and as per their needs and requirements.
Government and institutions of Canada provides some monetarist encouragement to international students who are willing to take admission in Canadian institutions. However, these allowances do not shield the whole expanse of study fee.
Government Canadian Scholarships in Canada comprises of:
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program
- IDRC Research Awards
- NSERC Postgraduate scholarships
- Organization of American States (OAS) Academic Scholarship Program
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
Scholarships offered by Non-government to study in Canada:
- Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships
- Canadian Rhodes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
- Anne Vallee Ecological Fund.
Some tips and resources to obtain scholarships in Canada
- Interact with your selected university- Contact the pecuniary help office of the university you desire to take admission and then request the information about scholarship openings for international students and any solicitation strategies. Although Canadian universities do not usually provide scholarships in Canada to students but there are a mounting amount of institutions that offer admission scholarships.
- Plan in advance- According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada regulations, you must demonstrate you have adequate dough to meet your monetary essentials while cramming in Canada before commencement your studies. For your benefit, before planning to have Canada studies, start exploring suitable opportunities for you as soon as possible.
- Investigate surplus prospects- Acquire all the information about scholarships directed by the Canadian government, private foundations, provincial governments and not-for-profit organizations.
MEGAMIND provides professional assistance to students by delivering them some suggestions and resources to help them get started:
- Government of Canada International Scholarships Program: The Foreign Affairs of Canada with some legal authorities are responsible for the Government of Canada’s partaking in major international scholarship programs. The website permits handlers to search for awards and scholarships available to foreign students for study in Canada.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships: Exposed to mutually Canadian and international PhD pupils studying at Canadian universities, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship are assets $50,000 per year for three years.
- Quebec merit scholarship for foreign students: Controlled by the Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies, this entity offers scholarships for doctoral studies, a postdoctoral fellowship, and short-term research or professional development
- Trudeau Foundation Doctoral scholarships: Every single year the Trudeau Foundation booties up to 15 outstanding doctoral candidates who are registered or about to be enrolled in a social sciences and humanities program. The yearly charge is up to $60,000 per scholar for up to four years.
- International Council for Canadian Studies: Committed to the elevation and backing of research, education and publication in all fields of Canadian Studies across the world, this not-for-profit organization provides a chains of scholarships in sustenance of Canadian Studies.