Elevating Student Success
We’re Manitoba’s largest institute of applied learning and research, with more than 200 full- and part-time degree, diploma and certificate options. Through hands-on learning opportunities and state-of-the-art instruction, we prepare our students to become leaders in their fields — while also ensuring they can meet changing industry demands, and contribute to the province’s economic growth.
By the Numbers
- 94% of Red River College grads find work after graduation
- 96% of employers are more than satisfied with RRC hires
- 98% of RRC grads choose to stay and work in Manitoba
- 45% of full-time, first-year students come to RRC with previous post-secondary experience
- 24% of RRC students are immigrant or international learners, representing over 60 countries
- RRC operates at full capacity, welcoming close to 22,000 students each year
Source: 2016/17 Graduate Satisfaction and Employment
RRC has eight campuses across Manitoba:
- Exchange District Campus
- Notre Dame Campus
- Stevenson Airport
- Interlake and Peguis – Fisher River
- Portage la Prairie
- Stevenson Southport
Learn more about our campuses ›
Cultivating Strategic Partnerships
Western Canada’s Top Applied Research College
RRC’s applied research and innovation initiatives open doors for small and medium-sized businesses in such sectors as aerospace, advanced manufacturing, culinary, green energy and vehicle technology, allowing them to access RRC’s research facilities and technology. They also provide a way for students to connect with and receive training from industry experts in their fields.
OUR RESEARCH CENTRES
Learn more about our research initiatives ›
Red River College is a global operation — and a growing force in the field of international education. Ten years ago, we had a few hundred international students. Today, we welcome 1,400 learners from 60 different countries, while maintaining partnerships with post-secondary institutions in Japan, India and China.
Our Language Training Centre in downtown Winnipeg, which hosts more than 1,000 newcomers each year, has expanded services to Arborg, Steinbach and Thompson, providing critical language skills programming to an additional 250 learners. The five-month programs are provided at no charge to students, with costs covered by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Fostering Sustainable Growth
RRC has been named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for the last eight years, thanks largely to ongoing staff and student initiatives that position us as a leader in sustainability.
- Our Paterson GlobalFoods Institute is the first historically designated building in Manitoba to attain LEED Gold certification.
- Our second LEED-certified building, the Jan den Oudsten Vehicle Technology & Research Centre, features a SolarWall spanning its south façade, which preheats outdoor air before it’s circulated indoors to ventilate classrooms.
- Our waste and recycling program keeps everything from e-waste and scrap metal to old furniture and cooking oil out of landfills. Our 40% diversion rate is significantly higher than the Winnipeg average.
- RRC provides a 60% subsidy on monthly bus passes for staff, allowing more than half of our downtown workers to commute via transit. We’re also home to the city’s largest installation of bike lockers.
- We have rooftop beehives at our primary Winnipeg campuses — the honey produced is used in our culinary and baking programs, and sold at the College’s annual farmers’ market.